Nonmetallic Thread Compound for API 8 Round & Buttress, Rotary Shouldered & Semi-premium & Premium Self-Sealing Casing / Tubing Connections.
Bestolife 4040 NM is the fifth generation of the highly successful Bestolife family of compounds designed and developed to address the environmental concerns, related to the use of thread compounds for rotary shouldered and premium connections, in ecologically sensitive areas of the world, such as the North Sea, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, the South Atlantic, Alaska, and Sakhalin Island.
Bestolife 4040 NM combines the excellent low temperature application properties of Bestolife 3010 Ultra with superior downhole galling resistance and enhanced ecotoxicological properties to provide the ideal drill-string solution for all rotary shouldered (drill pipe/tool joints/drill collars) and many proprietary premium self-sealing casing / tubing connection applications and API connections, irrespective of offshore drilling location.
- Applies easily to cold wet connections exposed to seawater in ambient temperatures as low as -40 °F/- 40 °C and yet provides optimum protection in the deepest, hottest holes. Will provide lubrication and protection to 600 °F/316 °C and the solids will protect to 1,000 °F/538 °C.
- Has the ability to prevent galling of contact surfaces (including non-magnetic materials) under high bearing loads and to form a continuous gasket between the shoulders of a rotary connection during make-up. This is achieved through the innovative combination of graphite and other non-toxic materials, which interact to form a seal when compressed between seals, threads, and shoulders during make-up to provide performance properties which are equal to the very best heavy metal compounds. This gasket-like seal prevents connection wash-out, even under high internal fluid pressures and the combined loading of directional drilling, to provide maximum protection in the toughest conditions. Also effective on slides, jacking systems, cantilever type rigs and assemblies
- Meets the performance requirements of many proprietary metal-to-metal seal casing / tubing and high interference connection designs in Carbon, 13 Cr., Super-Chrome and Duplex steels.
- Conforms with ISO/DIS 13678 and API RP 5A3
- Provides superior protection for the threaded connections of OCTG’s during transit and long term storage.
- Will meet or exceed the current OSPAR Commission Harmonised Mandatory Control Scheme (HOCNF) regulations for the protection of the marine environment of the North-East Atlantic/North Sea.
Penetration: 320 – 350
Weight/Gallon: 10.4 pounds/gallon
Dropping Point: 550°F/288°C
Flash Point: 396°F/202°C
Brushable To: -40°F/-40°C
Friction (Torque) Factor: 1.0 (per API RP 7A1)*(1) (Drill-string connections), 1.0 (per API RP 5A3) (relative to API Modified)*(2)
Salt Spray: 1000 hrs. min (ASTM B117)
Contains: Graphite, nonmetallic additives
5 gallon: 55 pounds metal container weight